The Niles Park District is proud to be the home of the largest youth basketball league in Illinois. Last year we had over 2,100 girls & boys in 2nd-8th grade enrolled & this year we're expecting even more. Below are more specific details about the upcoming 2014 Winter Basketball Season. We thank you for your continued support & look forward to seeing you on the courts soon!
2014 Season Highlights:
* Registration deadline is Monday, January 6, 2014
* Games begin Saturday, February 8 & end Sunday, April 13
* Our low fees ($72 Resident & $99 Non-Resident) give you the best bang for your buck.
* Coaches are allowed to sign up for 5 free practices at Golf View over the course of the season
* Our flexible scheduling allows girls & boys to participate in other programs besides basketball so they can stay active and also allows coaches to be at every game and practice.
* We offer 4 different levels of competition. Whether you're a travel team looking to play against the best, or a beginner team still grasping the game, you can find it all here at Niles Park District.
* All teams are guaranteed to play 10 games at Niles community grade schools & high schools as well as the park district's own Golf View Rec Center and Grennan Heights.
Questions, please contact the Athletic Department, Kenny Krueger & Paul Nielsen:
* Flyer & Registration Form
* Coach Packet
Small Shots Basketball
We are proud to offer this 6-week program where participants will learn dribbling, shooting, defense and offense skills. Fee includes a t-shirt and basketball. Gym shoes must be worn to each class. Classes are limited to 40 kids, so sign up early. No class 12/28. Registration deadline is December 1.
Who: Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd & 3rd Grade Girls & Boys
When: Sat, 12/07/13-01/18/14
Time: 9:00-10:00 a.m. Code: 120301-01
Time: 10:15-11:15 a.m. Code: 120301-02
Time: 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Code: 120301-03
Fee: Res $57; Non-Res $71